SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 14, 2012

Top memories here so far...

Well, there goes a semester of college. That was a bit too fast for me. A lot of it is a blur, but I think I've got to do this, not in the least because of what I experienced tonight.

Let's go. A couple memories from the semester, in no particular order.

1. Walking past the Widener Library the first few weeks and feeling totally tiny every time I did.
2. Ending up in the third floor of said library after misinterpreting directions from my friend who I wanted to study with, and feeling totally scared until I realized she was on the second floor in a reading room.
3. Talking with one of my TA's on a bus. It just felt weird talking to one of...well, my teachers like that! Then again, it's different here in that my TA is probably part of my sister's generation, which makes her at the most 10 years older than me.
4. Having a professor casually ask me about my day and getting butterflies in my stomach.
5. Sitting next to three people from Georgia (the country), Burundi and Canada in the dining hall and feeling way too normal.
(If you noticed, a lot of things make me feel humble here.)
6. Eating a bunch of peanut butter oreos courtesy of my friend.
7. Studying in the even more intimidating law school library with my roommate and two of her friends.
8. Singing the VeggieTales theme song with one of my friends in the dining hall.
9. Literally spending the night sleeping in the not intimidating Lamont Library, waking up at 8 and realizing that all-nighters are probably not my thing.
10. Eating apple pie and hanging out with friends from a Christian fellowship.
11. When a band from YWAM came and we had a worship night, and I all of a sudden got a giant reminder of who I am! :)
12. Getting with a group of at least 15 students in a basement and praying for the Newtown tragedy, and really sensing the Holy Spirit. (This one happened today!)
13. The first intramural day when we all wore navy (cobalt?) blue shirts and played games, showed our Matthews pride, and did pretty well!
14. Eating a giant bowl of pho with a friend for the first time. That stuff is GOOD!
15. Dinner trains with the band.

This college experience has made me feel humble, small, anxious, happy, and very normal all at different times. And the biggest thing I've learned is that there is really no point being anxious.

Now to go through these 4 final days. Then, I'll be home for a month. Wow. Just wow.

No comments :

Post a Comment